Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Emotionally Drained.

Wow, am I exhausted! Literally I don't know which way is up, or what is coming next. I'm getting envious of Miralee and Jro for posting more than I do... and I LOVE blogging! Time to rearrange my priorities!


It all started last week when my brother Mike, Niece - Ashley, and great nephew - Christian rolled in to town. They came in on Saturday evening and stayed until Thursday. Thursday, our family, our guests, and my parents all rolled out of town heading to Illinois. We went to see my nephew Chris, graduate from Naval Bootcamp.




We sat in the upper deck bleachers in this HUGE building waiting for them to come in. We were entertained for a while, and then it happened... this large garage door opened up to the outside and there they were. The recruits. Standing in formation waiting to come in. The crowd went BANANAS! It was an awesome sight to see. Chris later told us when the door opened, they could hear everyone cheering and screaming - and he was 3 companies back from the open door.


Words can not express how moving this whole ceremony was. It is easy to go along in your day and not realize how much we take for granted. These amazing individuals have chosen to protect you and I. Because they have made this monumentous decision to join the service, not only do they have a future, but they also protect ours. Because of people like this, we are free.



The anticipation was too much for Christian... As for Ashley, seconds felt like hours.



A very emotional, family reunion.




I never realized that my brother, The Chief.. has to look up at his son.



Gregory LOVED this ceremony. When they saluted, so did he!



The way it should be.









3 comments:

  1. Amazing pics. Thanks for sharing!

    Hallie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm crying just reading this, I can only imagine witnessing this in person. That picture of Greg saluting is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:02 PM

    This is really neat. Thanks for sharing. Congrats to Chris.

    ReplyDelete