Friday, March 14, 2008

Renewed

This day has totally renewed my spirit.

I have been so down today. I realized that some of my priorities are askew and need to be re-evaluated. I realized that I have been dropping the ball as a mother, and a homemaker. I am not the same person that I was when Emily was a little girl. My house was ALWAYS clean. Their rooms were ALWAYS clean. The laundry was ALWAYS done. I made dinner EVERY DAY (now we eat out a lot). Their homework was ALWAYS done. We read books EVERY NIGHT.
What happened?
I'm not sure what happened. But I suddenly realize that it has happened and that it needs to be put back together. As I helped in Greg's classroom today, I was in the worst possible mood. I felt like all I wanted to do was get the hell out of there, go home and cry.
But I didn't.
I thought about Melanies previous post on her "thinking".
I AM IN CONTROL. I AM IN CONTROL OF MYSELF, MY THOUGHTS, AND MY EMOTIONS.
Most of all...
I am in control of my current situation, which I am not happy with...
And today, I started to change that. And I feel SO MUCH BETTER.

1 comment:

  1. It's so hard to get it all done in one day. And this is coming from the Mom that only has one little bundle of joy.

    Don't stress...enjoy your husband, your family, friends, and then think about cleaning. I can say that because I have finally started doing it!!!

    ReplyDelete