Monday, March 03, 2008

The "A" List

I LOVE my friends. I do. I love my family, don't get me wrong, but friends are the family that you choose - or so it goes.

Yesterday we had the ultimate pleasure of attending a birthday party, held at our friends (Greg's godparents) house. I made the cake. The theme... Tiger Baseball. Joey and Zack were turning 10 and 5.

Shortly before the cake was served, I sat in their beautiful living room, "people" watching. As I looked around, I realized that we were the only "friends" that were invited. Everyone else was a blood relative, and WE were invited. Us. No other friends... just US.

I felt so amazed, and honored. As I looked around, I looked at all the Aunts & Uncles, Rook & D's parents, siblings, cousins. And they all know us, and we know them, because we go to almost every function held at Rook & D's house, and they come to ours. We have shared many vacations with them as well. It is an amazing friendship that we have - that extends well BEYOND friendship. We are family. A truly amazing gift.

1 comment:

  1. That is how our friends Carl & Teresa are. We even get invited to their parents house for events. Christmas, Thanksgiving, you name it we are there. Well that was until we moved to Jersey!LOL!

    ReplyDelete