Monday, March 10, 2008

Decisions, Decisions...

We are in need. Our coffee pot has decided that it is done. Funny thing, is that it is relatively new. We keep finding copious amounts of grounds in the bottom of the carafe, yet I have cleaned this thing out religiously. I have tried every method in the book, trying to salvage it, as my brother Mike gave it to us a couple years ago. But alas... we are drinking grounds. :o(

So we have been searching. Searching for the perfect "pot". I do have the Barista, but that is for fancy Starbucks type drinks.

Inquiring minds want to know... aside from the Keurig, and Tassimo or any other machine that uses pods, what is your recommendation? What is the best coffee maker you have ever used?

3 comments:

  1. If you like fresh ground, the Cuisinart grind and brew is very nice. But I will caution you with the makes with the grinder built in, they are time consuming to clean, but you can't beat the taste of fresh ground!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've have a Krups. We got it as a shower gift which was almost 9 years ago. It's to the point where we need a new one (it's dripping really slow), but 9 years is pretty darn good for a coffee maker! I will definitely buy another Krups when we go to buy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:59 PM

    My sister (who drinks a whole pot of coffee herself) loves her grind and brew. Other than that I do not have a recommendation. Unless you go with the Keurig but I can't see that being very cost effective if more than one person drinks the brew.

    ReplyDelete