Wednesday, February 20, 2008

And the Award Goes To...

I think I deserve the wife of the year award. Dennis has been in South Carolina visiting my brother and sister in law since Sunday. Not too long ago, I realized that he is doing so much... for everyone BUT himself. He has been diligently working at my parents on their bathroom for a couple months now. He works, and works overtime, and NEVER does anything for himself. He's such a wonderful guy.

BUT.....

Everyone needs a break. He NEEDED this break. So I gave it to him. I bought him a round trip ticket to S.C. to go swing golf clubs for the week. He arrived on Sunday to 74 degree weather and has golfed almost every day, including a tournament with my brother. Those two are a piece of work when they are together. My brother jokes that Dennis's driver is a dinner plate on a stick. Trust me. When golfing, if you don't watch his ball leave the Tee, forget it. You'll never see it again. He's the only person I know that can drive the green on a par 4 hole.

It has been a crazy week. While he has been gone, I've been running full speed with Tastefully Simple and decided to "organize" our office in the process. WHAT was I thinking? Now I'm running full speed with a garbage can to get it all back in place! I mean what is the point of sending him away to "refresh" if he's going to come home to the reminants of an F5 tornado? lol.

I miss him so much, but sincerely hope that he got what he needed. He's such an amazing person, and very giving at that. I look forward to his arrival tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:38 AM

    That was special thing to do :)

    ReplyDelete