Sunday, March 11, 2007

You're doing what?

Laura is a good friend of mine. I met her while her son Brian and Greg were in a Come Play with Me class together two years ago. We've been friends ever since. One day last spring, Greg and I stopped over their house. They live like 1.2 miles from our door - if that. As I pull up, I found a ton of stuff out on their driveway. The entire garage was cleaned out. I thought to myself, "Well that's cool, I finally get to meet Ron" who is her ever elusive husband (he travels A LOT). We knocked on the door repeatedly but no one answered. So we quietly went around back, expecting to find her out there. Sure enough L & B were having hot dogs for lunch. Ron was nowhere to be found. Laura, decided to take it upon herself to clean out the garage, moving shelving units, ladders, paint cans, the whole nine yards. So I asked her why she would do such a heavy task, as it seems like that is the man's domain. (Whenever we have a party, Den's priority is to clean the garage... even if it's 12 below, and even when no one will be out there - it is his "thing").

Her reply... she wanted to sweep and mop the garage floor? "Huh?" I replied. "You're doing what?" She proceeds to tell me that a lot of dirt comes from the garage floor. Especially after the car brings in a lot of salt in the winter.

Today I had that lightbulb moment. I pulled the car out to clean it out and wash it. When I saw what was on the floor, it suddenly became quite clear. This week, providing the weather stays stellar, the garage will be swept and mopped. If Laura can do it, I can do it.

She is on my mind right now as I sit here drinking Green Tea that Den made. It was Laura that got me hooked on it. She says, "A thin slice of fresh ginger and a bit of honey in it make it quite palatable." She has also lost 7 pounds on it for some reason that neither of us can figure out. Now he and I are green tea junkies.

The official "BOOSTER" update...

I think he is playing with my emotions. Friday we had Mike & Donna over. Booster is her boyfriend. He will purr for her at the sound of her voice. Once I even put the phone up to his head and she talked to him. Instantly... he was purring. I say he is a "cheap date" as he gives up the purr so easily.

Friday while they were here, he would have NOTHING to do with her. He stayed in his bed all day. Again he wouldn't eat. She and Mike were as worried as I was. Yet as soon as their car left the driveway, here he comes. He plops down on the kitchen floor, purring like a harley. I put his food out and he went to town on it. I don't get this cat. I swear, I think he is playing on my emotions.

We are still giving him the pills, but at this point, I don't know what is up with him. He seems to be acting quite normal. I hope it is just IBS and tomorrow I will be calling for his recheck at the vet. He appears to have put on more weight which is a GREAT thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment