Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Get Rich Quick!

I need money. I big chunk of it. Den and I agree that we both have the urge to tear out our kitchen. I want it redone. Our laundry room is off the kitchen. The washer and dryer are on one side of the wall, with the stove on the other side of the wall. I want that wall removed, and the washer and dryer to go downstairs. (In my opinion first floor laundry is overrated). Dawn said to get Granite counter tops. To me, that is trivial. They are pretty, but overpriced in my opinion. I would like to look at different surfaces, but laminate is fine with me. I want a built in double oven, with a cooktop in the counter. I want the refridge to go where the pantry is now. That will open up our dining area A LOT.

So tell me... where do I come up with a chunk of change? The last thing I want to do is finance it. Plus I don't mind doing manual labor. I know that will save us a pretty penny as well.

And that my friends is my .02 cents!

PS. I LOVE working. There is nothing better than pulling in a paycheck.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:49 AM

    Ha! I can tell you, if you do find the money, use it to check in at the nearest Looney Bin!! Upstairs laundrys are over-rated!!?? Basement laundrys are not rated at all. They are a big PAIN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:21 PM

    Do you have sutff in your house you could sell at Auction? I've seen this show called Cash in the Attic where they auction off random items. Just a thought.

    Oh and Granite countertops are awesome plus they result in a higher sales price if you were to sell your house. Just another thought. I read that Freakonomics which is a really fascinating book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:50 PM

    Granite is out -- it was a 90's thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:18 PM

    okay, carry your ass down to south carolina, I'll fire up my chain saw for you and you can cut up these six trees that I had cut down yesterday by a tree service...LOL I'll donate very generously to your kitchen remodel fund to the tune of 50$. Let me know what time your flight arrives and I'll pick you up...LOL

    ReplyDelete