Thursday, May 07, 2009

Obligations

Tonight the first graders are having a musical at the school. Greg does not want to go. He has been telling us this since we first found out about it a while back.

I feel that we should not make him go if he does not want to. Emily on the other hand is very upset that he isn't going. She's carrying on as if the building will shut down because Greg is not there.

We have SO MANY obligations that we are always trying to meet. I do not consider this an obligation. The child REALLY does not want to go. He has already said that he isn't singing, and that he doesn't care for the song selection. He has sung in other musicals before and has been excited for them. This one, he's not so fond of.

I am not making him go. I do not wish to battle the parking lot (imagine about 25 parking spaces for about 700 families), forcing him to go, only to see him not sing. What's the point?

Am I wrong for not making him go?

1 comment:

  1. Hello my lovely blogger bud!

    Just wanted to say Hi and that I've loved your past few posts.

    I wouldn't know how to comment on this specific one, since I don't have kids, but I think whatever your gut is telling you is right is the right answer.

    Anyway, hope all is well and I'm doing my best to get a post up from the blog of tumbleweed!

    ReplyDelete