Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I haven't forgotten about posting Greg's book. Thing is... I can't remember where I put it! I set it aside so that I would remember to scan it in, and I think it got lost in the shuffle. I will look for it though.

I am a HUGE mental mess right now. I literally feel like a box of rocks. As I mentioned previously, our dear friend Chris is in the battle of his life. He was diagnosed with Leukemia and has been in the hospital since May 4th. I also can't remember if I told you that Chris & his wife Deanna are both Greg's godparents.

When I was younger, my dear friend got Leukemia. I now am thankful that ignorance is bliss. Had I realized the capacity of this, back then... I would have been a total nut case. Even more than I am right now! I just carried on with her as if it didn't even exist, and we had a GREAT time. I'm sure she will agree.

The funny thing is that I know full well that Chris is going to survive this with flying colors. There isn't a seed of doubt in my mind. I can't explain it, but there is NO doubt. This is just a "interruption" in the life of Chris. A crappy one at that. On the other hand, I feel like I'm wearing a straight jacket. We are totally climbing the walls here, and are just furious that he is going through this. It is starting to become very rough on his 3 children too. I'm worried about his wife, also my dear friend, and that she isn't taking proper care of herself to be there for him. She assures me that she is, but I am still worried.

I am happy to say now that fundraisers are being put into place to help with their medical expenses. He is a Sterling Heights Fire Fighter/Paramedic. On a patients darkest days and moments, Chris is there, fighting for their lives. And now we are going to help a brother out.

I will be sure to keep you posted on the fundraisers, in case you would like to contribute.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:40 PM

    Please do keep us posted. I'll keep him my thoughts & prayers. And I can feel it too - he'll be ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:47 PM

    Oh & I meant to add that as a kid, I never grasped the gravity of my leukemia either. In many ways ignorance was bliss back then eh? As weird as it sounds, I don't remember it being terrible. I do remember some scary things but it was just different. But I do remember how FIERCELY LOYAL you were to me as my friend. You sent me cards all the time and were not afraid to have me over. You were one of 2. A lot of kids were scared they would "catch it" or treated me weird because now I was "different". Not you. In fact, I remember more than one occassion of you yelling at other boys for being mean!

    ReplyDelete