Friday, December 12, 2008

Joy to the World

Inquiring minds want to know, what the hell is with the crotchety old people these days? Point in case...

Target in Utica - Wednesday

Emily's Piano teacher and I are good friends. We decided to go do some Christmas shopping before Emily's lesson. As we are finishing up our shopping, I was side tracked in the card section by a funny looking card. As Autumn peers over my shoulder, this old man on a rascal says in this deep, LOUD voice, "EXCUSE ME!"
Autumns says, "Oops! I'm sorry" as she was standing in his way.
He replies, "I'LL BET YOU'RE SORRY!!"

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT FOR??

So Autumn starts singing, "Tis the season to be Jolly", and everyone within an earshot of the whole thing, starts laughing. Literally this jackass sucked the wind right out of her sails. She talked about it for the next 15 minutes.

Target, Today, same location.

Dennis and I go shopping. I'm in the check-out. The cashier is obviously ailing from a runny nose, but is very pleasant. As I am trying to "swipe" my card, the crotchety old bag behind me starts asking the cashier in a voice that suggests the cashier is hearing impaired, "DO YOU HAVE GIFT RECEIPTS?" And the cashier didn't really answer her because she was completing my transaction. "EXCUSE ME! DO YOU HAVE GIFT RECEIPTS?!"

NOW she has the cashiers attention, and she cordially answered, "Yes". Well my transaction took a little bit because my card didn't swipe the first time. So as we are trying to wrap this up, the old bag then asks, "DO YOU TAKE DISCOVER CARD?"

What the hell is with people these days? I'm going to start asking them, MYSELF!

1 comment:

  1. Tis the season!

    Costco is just as bad. Matt saw someone literally run over another persons cart with his cart at the check out, only for this Bah-Humbug to get to the check out and realize that Costco doesn't accept credit cards!! Karma is &$%%&!!!

    ReplyDelete