Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I LOVE January!

First off, I LOVE Christmas. It is my favorite holiday with Easter running an extremely close second. I love the colors, I love the music, I love the whole attitude that it brings (for most people). Christmas is a time to change gears. It's a time to forget about everyday doldrums and to appreciate life.

My next favorite things came this week. The January edition of my current subscriptions, Better Homes and Gardens, and Martha Stewart Living. I LOVE the covers! I look forward to this so much that I've already read the BHG mag! The people at these magazines are so smart. The covers are bright, clean, and totally inspire you to organize, think fresh, and to start the year off on a good note. They are so inspirational. They have never failed to get me motivated for spring.

While I know we still have a bit of time before we smell the soft thawing earth, Winter is a great time to complete projects that we've put off. That way we can spend all summer long, sitting in our 0asis (our patio), listening to the kids play and the water in the fountain.

This January I plan to paint my craftroom, redo both kids rooms, and to organize this place we call home.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:06 PM

    Already with the New Year's intentions? You're on the ball! Good for you. I really do like "hunkering down" for the winter too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you get your first issue of Real Simple yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not yet, but I'm stalking my mailbox. Thank you so much for the awesome treat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. January is one of my favorite months and I think it is the yin-yang to the craziness of December!

    We have a few painting projects on the "winter list" and I'm hoping to create a den that is a sancutary for me to do after hours work in and work on some fun projects in! I can't wait to get the Real Simple!!

    ReplyDelete