Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Oh boy, She's ME!

My mother always hoped we would all get a child that's just like us. Who knew it would really happen. Shelby is so much like Audrey, that it's like watching a re-run of an old video. She is funny, and I swear she looks just like Audrey.

I would like to say that it took me until I was older to realize I had potential to be a real smart ass. I was very shy as a kid, but in high school, the shell broke and out I came. No longer would I sit there and take crap from other people who felt so freely to dish it out. Even to this day, I have to think about what I'm going to say before I say it. I also have to consider other peoples feelings as well.

So today, Dennis was getting ready for work. I had told him that I wasn't going anywhere today because all I've done this week is run, run, run. I have a 12 hour scrapbooking event to prepare for on Saturday, and needed to get my game plan together. (NEVER walk into one of these empty handed otherwise you'll be spinning your wheels for those 12 hours!). Emily happened to be snuggling in our bed during this conversation. So today, I pick her up from school. She asks, "Did you go anywhere today?". Nope. I stayed home and did laundry all day. Then tonight I took her to dance class. While she was there, Greg and I went to Kroger, where I picked up Coffee, Milk and Cheese slices. So on the way home, she has the audacity to say, "I thought you weren't going anywhere today". If I were not driving and she were not safely buckled in the back seat out of my reach..... I would have launched that kid. I could not believe that she was questioning me on my "whereabouts".

I PROMPTLY put her in her place and reminded her that she is 7 and I am somewhere around 29. Not only do I not answer to my own parents, but I DEFINITELY do not have to answer to a 7 year old. I couldn't believe she said that. Not only that, but every time I ask her to do something, I get the standard answer, "In a minute". Tonight Emily went to bed early and without watching her shows. It was safer for her to be in her bed.

So thanks Mom. From the bottom of my heart. Too bad I didn't get one that was overly emotional as I am, but instead, a sparring partner. Terrific.

No comments:

Post a Comment