Thursday, February 19, 2009

Reincarnation

Have you ever heard someone say, "When I come back, I want to be a cat". If I had a nickel for every time I've heard this, I'd be.... well I'd have about a buck-fifty, but anyway.

Charlie.

He is huge. In fact it has been said that his body looks like a boulder and his head looks like a dot. I don't get it. Charlie & Pumpkin have been eating Iam's weight management cat food, they've eaten canned cat food, low fat cat food, food with herbs in it. You name it, they've eaten it.

Dennis is starting to think he will need to take out the cat door that leads to the basement. He's thought about tracing a basketball onto the door, then cutting it out... for Charlie to fit through it. He's that big. The other day, Den went downstairs to play his drums. When he started pounding away, Charlie shot up the stairs like an elephant, running through the door - which wasn't all the way closed, and got stuck. So instead of being able to go through the door, the door swung open hitting the garage door with a cat stuck half way through it. Two Ton Tessie had to be "rescued".

After all my feeble attempts at feline weight reduction, I called the vet and made his appointment. After pouring dear ole chuck into the carrier feet first, I carried it by the bottom, for fear of the handle breaking off.

26 pounds. I know Miranda, he doesn't compare to your kitty, but this dear fuzzy feline weighs half of what my son weighs. After being hauled to the lab area for a lab draw, dear ole' Chuck was brought back.

Canned cat food said the doc. Any kind of canned cat food and as much as he wants to eat. Fresh water and she'll call tomorrow with the lab results. Chuck is officially on the "Catkins" diet.

Reincarnation. If you wanted to come back as a cat, how would you feel if your favorite past-time of eating and sleeping suddenly got thrown out the window. Your mindless grazing of kibble suddenly came to an end, and you were FORCED into a weight loss routine. At this moment, I'm willing to bet that dear ole tons o' fun wishes he had thumbs.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, did you get my comment? I got this super funky error that said duplication error.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got that the other day too and then my comment never showed up.

    It's a blogspiracy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:34 PM

    Catkins! HA! Janet has a kitty diet for sure,

    ReplyDelete