Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Mothers and Daughters...

A cold Sunday in March, Fountain View Lanes.



Mom: "Guess who's coming here!" (meaning Chaplins Comedy Club)
Me: "Bowling?"
Mom: "No next door!"
Me: "Who?"
Mom: "JASON!"
Me: "Our cousin Jason?"
Mom: "NO! JASON FROM GENERAL HOSPITAL!"
Me: "Ok... so what"
Mom: "I thought maybe you would want to go"
Me: "You're kidding".
Mom: "You don't want to go?"
Me: "Not really. I don't even know who Jason is."

My mom is nuts. We all are convinced that she mentally lives in Port Charles with Jason and all the other people on that show. She talks about them as if we know them personally and the show is real life. Anyone that knows her, knows that you don't call her M-F between 3 and 4 pm. That is because she is in a TV coma with her show, that she will watch AGAIN on Soap Network that same night. If you happen to call, you get the occasional "Uh huh. Uh huh" as if she is really listening. That's when you can totally drop a bomb shell on her like...

"I'm pregnant"
"Dad's having an affair"
"We won the lottery"
"The house is on fire"

and you will still get the standard, "Uh huh". Drives us all BONKERS!

And then I saw this....

While I say "Kudos to you, Jason and the other guy for making a living on TV-yet I have no idea who you are. Even if you were sitting at my prompt care, and I were driving a needle into your booty" I actually am so happy for my mom. The look on her face is priceless. While GH isn't important to me, it is to her. For her to have this chance of a lifetime, means so much to me.... her crazy child that is beyond bent out of shape that this coming Sunday is already the season finale of Brothers and Sisters.... You know what they say... The Apple doesn't fall far from the tree...btw I bet her hands are on their butts.

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I used to be a GH groupie. When I first started working after college I used to tape it every day! (Before the wonderful days of TIVO) But I got tired of the revolving story lines.

    I'm pretty sure my MIL watches it still.

    Back in the day, I would have loved to meet Jax.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO!! What a great post!! I can so relate.

    My Mom is a HUGE Days of Our Lives fan. She still religiously asks me if I saw what happened on "days". I gently have to remind her that I'm at work from 1-2 every day :-)

    What a great pic, that should be her Christmas card this year!!

    ReplyDelete