Monday, May 26, 2008

Eternally Grateful

When I was younger, I didn't fully understand the impact that Memorial Day would have on me that it does now. I find myself reflecting on the things that I have, and realize that if it weren't for the sacrifice that military men and women have made - past and present, we would not be able to enjoy the life that we live. For that... I am eternally grateful.



Today we enjoyed seeing new visitors to the birdfeeder...


Seeing the clematis on our porch finally in bloom...

Looking at the temperature, and wondering if it is ok to put away the coats and gloves...

Seeing this beautiful critter sprawled out on our bed under the fan...

Watching this American Boy cool off with a drink...

Witnessing a water war develop between the boys and girls on the street...


And seeing the first set of babies born under the arbor...

I am forever proud to be an American.


3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:05 PM

    That water war looks like fun! What a great neighborhood you live in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some great pics! Between the pics here and the Ireland pics on K's blog, I need a new camera!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I confess. I got a new camera. I LOVE the Kodak Easy Care, but it isn't an "easy carry" camera. I got a little Nikon. It's great! 10mp, great ISO rating. Large screen on the back. I LOOOOOVVVVEEE it. But I will give the credit of the yellow bird shot to Dennis. I couldn't get a good one. The flag was blowing in the way and if we got up from our seats, they would have flown off.

    Go to Best Try. They will have you sucked in with their huge selection.

    ReplyDelete