Thursday, July 26, 2007

The Furminator...


Pumpkin has been shedding A LOT. To the point that he would climb up on my lap and the hair would be stuck to my face, my clothes, and basically everywhere else. He is a total lover boy and demands full attention if we are sitting down. If I'm reading, he will push his way under the book or right across the top of it, flopping his oversized body down, purring like a Harley.

Kim is a very good friend of mine. I've come to know that Kim's mom is like a walking version of Consumer Reports. Since Pumpkin was born under her deck and rescued by Kim's parents, they frequently ask how he is doing. When I told her of the shedding, she told me about....

You can find it on QVC, but once you pay for S & H, it is about the same as going to Petsmart to pick one up. The price tag is nothing to laugh about. It was $59 for the Dog brush, and $34 for the cat brush. I debated for a quick moment, then decided to take the plunge... afterall... this came with great reviews from Kim's mom.

We brought it home, and took it out of the package. K's mom's words reverberated in my head... "Don't push down too hard, or you could cut the kitty and hurt him". The thing looks like a blade with teeth, on a decent size handle.

Two strokes with THE FURMINATOR and I quickly decided this is an "outside" job. We moved Mr. Indoor kitty to the front yard. He was in his glory, wanting to walk around and scope things out, although I held on to him.

Let me tell you... OMG.... the HAIR!!! It was a bit of a windy day, which is why I went outside... the HAIR was everywhere!!! My entire front yard, albeit postage stamp size, was covered in fur!!! The FURMINATOR worked like a dream. Pumpkin seemed to enjoy it too. You just brush your pet with it as you would any other brush, and it removes all loose hair and the undercoat as well. When I pet Pumpkin now, I can actually feel his body under the fur. There is a piece or two of hair that comes off of him, but NOTHING like it was before. When you look at the pictures on their website, and you see all that hair laying in front of the animal.... THAT IS WHAT THIS THING DOES... NO JOKE!

And with that.... I am giving The Furminator my seal of approval... V

No comments:

Post a Comment