Monday, August 20, 2012

Dear Facebook, It's Over.

Yesterday the relationship between Facebook and me, ended. I deactivated my account after realizing that time after time, I left there feeling worse than when I got on. My dear hubby couldn't believe I finally did it after months and months of threats. I explained it this way - Let's say you go out to lunch with someone. During the course of the conversation you find that you sometimes disagree with things they say. Regardless, when that lunch is over, it's over. Should you never want to see that person again, so be it.

Then there is Facebook. Now you are having lunch with your 800+ "friends" and whether you like it or not, you are subject to every last whim they decide to post, EVERYTIME they get on. Blah, blah. blah.... I tried blocking out a lot of people but that left me with very few that I actually care about and they post so infrequently that it just isn't worth it to me. I actually tried unfriending someone and they refriended me seconds later! What the hell?!

So, for now I am simplifying and separating myself.

It's been twenty-four hours and it's been bliss. The funny thing is that I keep catching myself wanting to go "check facebook", but realize that I can't. I can't believe how much better I feel. Relieved actually. I've already read the paper and a magazine. Next up... will be Jackie "O".

Oh I'll be back. That's a given. I start Nursing School in March and they form "facebook groups". I may just be back for that one thing. We'll see.

Laters Baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment