Monday, August 13, 2012

Birmingham is in Troy

But Naperville is NOWHERE near Chicago. Funny how a map can be so deceiving. After months and months of back and forth texting, facebooking and emails, I was able to make the journey. Much to Dennis' dismay, I drove. We talked train, which was an 8 hour trip, we talked flights, which actually involves leaving terra firma and finally I settled on driving. It wasn't a bad trip at all. I actually kind of enjoyed it... For the first 2.5 hours. Then I heard a song that reminded me of my mom. Waterworks. She passed away unexpectedly on Memorial day. The water works then led into one sided conversation with her about how much I miss her amongst other things.

Then I was thirsty. Beyond thirsty. Note to self: bring water for the ride home. I had the brilliant  idea that I needed a frozen strawberry lemonade from Micky D's. That was in Indiana. Guess how many rest stops there are between Indiana and Naperville. Yep. Notta one. I am thankful for the fact that the  55mph speed limit on I-80 is merely a suggestion. My doors were being blown off my people doing 90, lol. I was just so worried about getting popped by the popo because you just know, they are waiting to nail the dumbass with the out of state plates!

I arrived here at 2:15 Naperville time. What a beautiful area. I sort of felt like I was in Troy with the exception that there is no gigantic lake on the west side of the state. There is a prairie preserve nearby and you can hear the coyotes at night. Justine has an owl that hangs out in her backyard at night too although last night I was so tired, I didn't hear a thing!

We spent yesterday making dinner and hitting the local fruit market which I loved! Aside from seeing things I have never seen before, they have apple pie from The Elegant Farmer! On the bottom left of the home page there is a link to watch Throwdown with Bobby Flay. Trust me when I tell you the pie is THAT GOOD!

Today we are going to the movies to see Hope Springs. Laters baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment