Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Creativity

Being on a VERY tight budget has its charms. For one, it is forcing us to be "creative" with our cooking. On Monday, Dennis said, "We really need to go to the grocery store." to which I replied, "No we don't. Look in the pantry. We just need to be creative." With that, I made Paula Deen's Potato Soup. I think the whole meal cost $7 and it fed 4 people with leftovers.

Then I remembered my friend telling me her son is a fabulous cook and makes a lot of Williams Sonoma recipes. It completely escaped me that Williams Sonoma had recipes! Last week while in Williams Sonoma, I saw the cookbooks amongst other things and God knows I love their products. Including this $400 hammered metal pot I am now coveting. The photo here does it ZERO justice. When I saw it in the store on the shelf, I swear I heard angels singing. I LOVE this pot so much I don't even know if I could use it. It would just sit on my stove where I can admire it.

After remembering the part about the recipes, I started looking at their cookbooks online. Then I started trying to find them cheaper... online. Then I checked with our local library. It was shortly after that I found the recipes link on their own website. I never knew the link existed!

Tonight I am making the split chicken breasts that I got on sale, using the recipe that I have this post linked to. I know you all probably cook this way all the time, but for me this is great because it is forcing me to teach myself, how to cook. There is a whole line of fabulous cooks in my family, however that gene seems to have skipped me completely. Should anyone want to send me that beautiful pot, comment and I'll send you my address. ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment