Thursday, February 18, 2010

Insert Photos Here

I have so much to tell you, but really wanted to post with photos. You see... I am a technical anomaly. I have no idea what I am doing, but can usually figure it out. Except when it comes to taking photos off my camera and putting them on here were you can see them. Which reminds me... put photos on pc - onto CD's.

Moving along.

The dog.

Mollie is a GREAT dog. She is a Shih Tzu Yorkie mix. A designer dog if you will. Long story short... Neighbor and his sister bought Mollie for their mom Christmas 2008. Mollie was an unwelcomed gift. Mollie ended up at sisters house where she was never house trained, and yelled at a lot. Fast forward. Christmas 2009. Mollie ends up back with neighbor. During the week, I let neighbors dog out 2x daily to potty. Mollie was crated for 10 hours per day, and only out those two times to potty. Insert my broken heart here.

We gave Mollie a trial. Brought her to our house to see how the cats would handle her. No problem what so ever. Decided to take her. Still working on house breaking but all in all, she is one great dog. Love her, Love her, Love her. Had her spayed this week. Emily was a disaster saying they wrecked her dog. Let's just say Mollie was higher than a kite, and I too was a bit worried, but knew she would snap out of it. Mollie is recovering well.

The room.

2 years ago when I left my job, I had full intentions to paint Emily's room. 2 years later it wasn't done. We even went so far as to sell her bunk beds to prepare for it. The poor child has been sleeping on mattresses on the floor ever since. This week is midwinter break for the kids. Luckily, Dennis's time off stretch fell this week too. Since we are so broke we can't even pay attention, we decided to get the damn room done! Monday we stripped everything out of the room. Picked the color, headed off to Lowes and bought everything we needed. Fast forward to Thursday (today). Room is painted. Mouldings are redone. New closet doors. Carpeting cleaned. Furniture cleaned. Waiting on lady on Craigslist to decide if our offer is good for a new bed (like new - which matches her pricey dresser & hope chest), and a desk.

CraZinEss!! I am worn out, but am super happy to report... the birds are building a nest in the bird house on our patio. You know what that means... spring is right around the corner my friends. Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. Dave was like Emily when we got Guinness fixed, he was mad at me for doing it.

    Need to see some pictures of the dog and the room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a great Mom Val...

    As a kid, I always dreamt of having my room redone, but was stuck with white walls and green and blue shag carpet and it scared me for life!!

    I can't wait to see the room makeover!

    ReplyDelete