Monday, August 24, 2009

Nothing.

Today I got up, got ready and hit the pavement. I went looking for jobs. I went to the schools, thinking... Lunch room mom, crossing guard. Not hiring.

Then I went to the hospital where I worked (Starts with a Beau...)
Nothing. In fact the HR woman basically told me, without really telling me, that if there were any jobs in my category, they would be online. So I left and what do you know... I ran into my old supervisor. I handed him my resume, letter of recommendation, and again was told "nothing". There's a hiring freeze. Regardless, I asked him to keep me in mind for a contingent position if anything opens up.

Next I went to another hospital in Rochester. There were no ER tech positions available, but I did fill out an app for a full time medical assistant position. Now I'm weary. I HATE having my back to the wall, however I am married to a firefighter. You don't know odd scheduling until you've worked around a firefighter and two school age children. I was looking for a contingent/part time position, and ended up applying for the full monty. Now I'm worried. At the same time, I feel that I should still interview for it if given the opportunity, then see what happens. But with my luck... I'll get the position, then be freaking out about child care and getting frick & frack to their extra-curricular activities. UGH!

This economy effin' sucks. PERIOD.

1 comment:

  1. Just a thought, but I've been thinking about subing in the fall. Maybe this could work for you too?

    ReplyDelete