Sunday, August 23, 2009

Let's Go Camping!!

I'm with you gals. Fbook is a time suck. Plus I can't 'tell my story' like I do here. There is just too many people on there, and with my current status of "unemployed" I would like to keep some of my life semi-private. My friend Laura told me the other day that 85% of employers will not hire someone due to the information they have on the internet. With that, I went and made my fbook private. I searched for myself too to see what I could dig up. My blog... did not appear :)

As summer starts to wind down, I would like to make some of the next posts about what we did all summer. First off...

We bought a camper!
Most people would start off with a pop-up or a small camper. Apparently we aren't most people.
We settled for this 2002 Flagstaff 30' superlite.
The weight was under our limit and the price was nice too!
I will admit we were nervous wrecks at first, but now that we've taken it on a couple trips, it pulls so nice, you almost forget that it's there!

The door is to the right. That's Peepers doing what she does... she peeps. The front has a queen sized bed that you can walk around. It has tons of cabinet storage for clothes too. The bed lifts up for even more storage space. Here you see the kitchen. It is beautiful and has a lot of counter space.




This is the other view from the door. Notice Den's touch on the floor. The sofa and dinette both fold down into beds quite easily I might add. The cushions don't come off, they just roll, and roll until they fold down flat into the bed. Pretty nice!

These are the kids bunks. They are PERFECT. Although the bottom bunk is in a very odd place. I would totally have an anxiety attack down there, plus we still can't figure out how in the heck you would get in there. Back in feet first? Can you tell which one is Greg's bed?


THIS was a huge selling point. A BATHROOM. My only stipulation for buying ANY camper was that it HAD to have a bathroom. PERIOD. Ain't no way Jason is going to slice and dice me up on the way to a campground bathroom in the middle of the night! Now when you gotta go... you just go. :) On the right across from the commode (not shown) is the shower. At first I thought, no way. Then we went to Jellystone up in Silver Lake. Once we figured out how the hot water tank worked, I decided to give the shower a whirl. I LOVE IT. I showered in it every day, and didn't have to wear shoes!







2 comments:

  1. That is awesome! It looks like you have alot of room which will be perfect for camping!

    It took me a minute before I realized that there were 3 bunks...crazy! Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! Now, wouldn't something like that have come in handy on our little UP adventure?!?!

    How cool! I missed you too!!! Glad to see you're back :-)

    ReplyDelete