Monday, April 16, 2007

Please Pass the Xanax

Today Dennis and I went to Lowes to get ideas for our kitchen. Our wheels ARE turning. First off, let me update and tell you that the laundry room will be staying upstairs. After a lot of consideration and advice from people (including our trusty realtor, Debbie), we have decided to keep it upstairs. It is just going to be reconfigured. No big deal. In fact today I realized that my friend Genevieve's laundry room is almost exactly like mine. The exception is that her washer and dryer are both under the window. Plus she has a bigger window than I do. With her laundry room like this, it looks quite big.

Anyway, we went looking today. Cabinets... he wants white, I want maple. I want some glass doors, he doesn't. And so it starts. We did pick up a couple of books to look through and so far we have come up with a couple ideas, however the one thing we both agree on is that we need someone to "design" it for us. So we're going to be looking for the "free" design services of local companies.

I'm sure we will have our bumps along this road, but I am very glad that we have decided to do this now. We have no intentions on moving anytime soon. At this moment, I can visualize Emily and Greg both graduating out of this house. Now if I can just keep Dennis from ripping out the kitchen before it's time.

On a lighter note... Katrina turned me on to this blog. http://thepioneerwoman.com/ I read some of it yesterday. The woman is a total scream. I highly recommend it for your reading pleasure. Plus her photographs are stunning.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:57 AM

    Maple cabinets, glass doors? Where are these going to be? Is this kitchen or laundry? Confused.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sold on maple cabinets. Glass doors over the penninsula if it stays there. Laundry? basic stuff there. Maybe even a wall with a door. The wheels are turning, but nothing is set in stone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:05 PM

    I just found you through a comment on Ree's site. Your blog caught my attention right away, since we are also renovating. In our case, we are ripping out a wall and turning our (small) kitchen and (small) dining room into one big room. It's been painful.

    I hope you can find this, and read this. I would love to be added to your list of approved commentators. I don't have a Google account, and I blog, as it were, on LiveJournal. That blog is guarded, since I am a teacher and have no interest in past students having access to it. For what it's worth, I will sign in with the name I use online. Hope this finds you!

    ReplyDelete