Monday, October 05, 2009

$19.71 or 1971

Coke. I had the craving of the century that would only be cured by Coca Cola. Of course, we had none. After dropping the kiddies off at Religious Ed, I stopped in to our local Walgreens (my all time favorite convenience store) and got my 2 liter fix. As busy as they were, I ended up at the beauty counter register with another man in front of me.

He was older than I, by a bit. Maybe mid 50's. He smelled nice, and had nicely combed hair. He wore jeans and a flannel shirt. Sort of reminded me of my Dad. I don't know what it is, but you never see men that are well groomed like that, or smell nice. When you do, you take notice. He obviously takes care of himself.

$19.71 the cashier told him. "Ahhh 1971. THAT was a good year" he replied. "Yes it was" said the cashier.

Ahhh, I thought to myself. Finally someone has talked about a date... in which I wasn't even born yet. That one statement, made me feel young again. Ahhhhh the joy.

1 comment:

  1. just like those very radom occassions where you get carded!! I love moments like that!!

    ReplyDelete