Friday, June 12, 2009

Here We Go Again...

I've said it before... I'm saying it again. I love and hate the last day of the kids school year. I am so excited for the summer but then get so depressed about another year having flown by.

I used to help in the school all the time when Emily was little. Now I'm rarely ever there. I remember her first day of nursery school. I have a photo that I took of her standing in front of the building with her cute little haircut, all of her baby teeth in place, and she is just beaming with excitement. The second day of school she threw up in the room because she was so scared to be there.

Her 4th grade year is over. My cute little nursery schooler is now a 5th grader.

When Greg was in preschool, we decided to put him in an early 5's class instead of kindergarten. It was called Begindergarten. It seems like it was just last week. Now... he's a 2nd grader. Another year flown by.

I always get so emotional at the end of the year. It is just another reminder of how big they are getting. Another reminder that Emily has 2 years left in this nurturing nest they call school, before she is off to Junior High. Another reminder that they are getting older, and growing out of the phases of childhoood. Another reminder that Den and I are getting older too.

I'm so sad.

1 comment:

  1. Strange enough, I remember thinking the same thing as a kid, that I couldn't believe how fast the year went by and that I was also another year older. I remember sitting at our kitchen table at the end of each school year and my dad saying how his pumpkin little was another year older - even when I was in high school :-)

    It would be interesting to hear your kids view it, I bet they feel the same!

    ReplyDelete