Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I'm not ready.

I have so much going on in my head right now that I decided to start blogging about it. I'm a mental mess.

Thursday my dear daughter will graduate from 6th grade. She will be leaving Elementary School and moving on to Jr. High. She is elated. I am a wreck. That dear sweet little child who LOVED to watch Clifford on PBS is no longer little. The little girl who would ask, "Push me swing?", hardly ever swings any more. Instead of playing with her American Girl dolls, she would rather chat up her friends on facebook. Just the other day she said that she still likes to play on one of the little kid websites. I told her to keep playing on it. It will be our secret.

Our tradition on the mornings they ride bikes to school, I stand on the end of the driveway and watch them all the way down, until they turn the corner. She ALWAYS looks back to see me one last time. Tomorrow, she will make that journey one last time. While I plan to record the moment, I will probably be crying too hard to see through the lens.

I knew that this day would come. I tried to keep it all in perspective because it's not like she is leaving the nest. Still, I can barely handle it. That sweet little girl is becoming a young woman... and I'm not ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment